25 Years Supporting the Arts
BISCO is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which has sponsored the festival since its creation more than 25 years ago. BISCO was formed by a collaborative group of local organizations including Brockport Kiwanis, Lions, Rotary, Fire Department and Elks. In addition to representatives of these organizations, it now also includes community members who have an interest in working toward the betterment of the community. The organization’s primary focus is supporting projects that benefit children from the western towns of Monroe County. Our organization does this through direct funding from festival proceeds, volunteer efforts, and help with obtaining grants from government, businesses, and foundations. The BISCO Board of Directors, its members and festival staff are all volunteers.
BISCO has provided funding for the following projects:
• Brockport Police Department Home Town Heroes project
• Bleachers, a batting cage and partial funding of safety fencing at Netofsky field at Sweden Town Park
• The Skate Park at Sweden Town Park
• Playground equipment for Barry Street and Corbett Parks
• Support of Brockport’s Walk!Bike!Brockport! organization and its projects
• Renovation of two Pediatrics rooms at Oak Orchard Community Health Center
• Funds for projects at the Seymour Library, including the Youth Area, the Local History Room, the Individual Study Rooms, Computer Equipment and more.
• Adult/child lawn swing for Monika Andrews Park
• Support for the mammography unit for Strong West Hospital
• 8 passenger cycle, trailer and storage shed for Camp Abilities
• Brockport Toy Shelf – ongoing
• Grant matching funds for Brockport Rowing
• New handicap-friendly swing set for Corbett Park
• Hydration system for BCSD Football and other sports
• Sidewalk grinder for Brockport DPW to help children to walk safely to school
• Funding for a 9-Hole Disc Golf Course at the College at Brockport
• Funding for the BEST Foundation in their mission of helping students and faculty at Brockport Central Schools
Future Projects Include:
• Continued support for upgrades of Village Park playgrounds,
• Support for Sweden Town Park water play area,
• Creation of a new scholarship for BCSD seniors,
• Continued support for the Seymour Library
• Continued Support for the Brockport Toy Shelf.
Are there any projects your organization would like some help with?
Contactus and let us help.
Volunteer & Board Membership
Volunteers are always welcome, whether it is building a playground, working at the Arts Festival, Duck Derby, or any other project.
If interested contact BISCO at:
Membership in BISCO is open to anyone living in the Brockport area whether you are affiliated with an organization, educational or religious institution or have interest in or skills that can benefit BISCO in obtaining its goals. You can become a board member, or just a regular volunteer.
BISCO meetings are normally held on the first Tuesday of every month except December.
Brockport Integrated Service Clubs Organization PO Box 197 Brockport, NY 14420
Or via email, at email@example.com